A classic cookie for the holidays! With super simple ingredients and only 1 bowl.
We made these with Worthy's Strawberry Cardamom Jam, but they'd be great with any of your favourite jams.
This recipe makes 24 cookies.
We also found it easier to weigh out the butter, sugar, and flour as they need to be accurate for this recipe.
- 227 grams of unsalted room temp butter
- 134 grams of brown sugar
- 375 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Enough jam to fill each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon (about 100 grams)
You can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or a hand mixer, or you can whisk by hand, but it'll be a bit of a workout.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar in your stand mixer. (Medium speed for about 3 minutes)
- Put the egg in along with salt, and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until dough forms.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out your dough. Roll the dough in your hands to form a ball and place 12 balls on each baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to press down into the center of each ball. You're making a well for the jam.
- Scoop jam into each indentation.
- Bake for 15 minutes (give or take a few minutes- you want your cookie to start to look just slightly golden).
- Let them cool on a rack or a plate if you don't have a rack- just remove them from the tray so they don't get too hard.
That's it! These make great gifts (add a few to a mason jar), or bring them to a potluck, or the office.