Brown Bag Designs makes the most whimsical and aesthetic shortbread pans we've ever seen! Brown Bag is based in the US and handcrafts all of their pans in Bedford, Virginia.
The shortbread pans are cadmium and lead-free, food-safe, non-toxic and free of harmful chemicals. They're also dishwasher, microwave, and oven-safe.
Each pan comes packaged in a cardboard box (plastic-free!) with a booklet of recipes. The recipes are relatively simple and easy to follow, making it a breeze to whip up beautiful (and tasty) baked goods.
This is a peek into the book that you'll receive with your pan:
Brown Bag Design's classic Shortbread recipe:
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/3 cup powdered (icing) sugar (un-sifted)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla (you can also sub for almond extract)
1 cup flour (un-sifted)
1. Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. You can use a spoon or electric mixers.
2. Cream in the powdered sugar and then the vanilla.
3. Carefully add in the flour and knead by hand on a flour-free surface until the dough is smooth and uniform.
4. Spray your shortbread pan with a non-stick spray (we used coconut oil).
5. Place your ball of dough in the middle of the pan, and working out from the center, firmly press the dough into the pan.
6. Prick the entire surface with a fork, and bake the shortbread right in the pan at 325 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, or until it is lightly browned.
Be sure that the middle is thoroughly cooked and doesn’t look slightly opaque or the shortbread might stick in the pan.
7. Let the shortbread cool in the pan for 10+ minutes before you loosen the edges with a knife and flip the pan over onto a cutting board.
If the shortbread does not come right out, wait until it cools a bit more and then hold the pan upside down over the cutting board and firmly tap one edge of the pan against the board. This should loosen the shortbread and it should drop out.
8. Cut the shortbread into serving pieces while it is still warm.
Let the pan cool completely before washing it in the sink or dishwasher.