Simple Ritual candles are all hand poured in small batches. This soy wax candle smells like baking with on a frosty Canadian morning. With notes of rich spices & warm cinnamon.
- 8oz traveller tin candle
- 40-50 hour burn time
- handmade in Mississauga, ON
- sustainably-grown soy wax
- wood wick
- premium phthalate-free fragrance oils
Here are few tips to make your Simple Ritual candles burn as long and safely as possible:
The First Burn
The first burn is the most important. Candle wax has a memory. When you light your candle for the first time, allow the wax pool to melt all the way to the edge of the tin. The next time you burn your candle it will melt across as far as it did the first time. This prevents the wax from tunnelling as it melts down the sides. Burn your candle for 3-4 hours at a time
Trim your wicks
Do not trim your candle wick before the first burn. Simple Ritual candles are pre-cut to the correct burn size. Before re-lighting your candle, pinch off a bit of the burnt wick to ensure the smoothest possible burn.
Don't leave your candle unattended, and keep it away from young kids and pets. Make sure there are no flammable objects directly beside, below or above your candles while they are burning. All my candles are made from recycled glass, metal and ceramic jars; on rare occurrences candles can burn too long or get too hot and the jars could crack, spilling hot wax onto your table tops, making them very flammable. Please make sure you place your candles on heat proof surfaces and away from fabrics and flammable items.
Cleaning Your Candle Canisters
1. First, let the candle jar sit in hot water until the wax softens. The boiling water will melt the wax and it will float to the top.
2. Let the water cool and remove the wax.
3. Next, holding the tin in one hand, use a damp cloth and gently wash the tin with warm soapy water.
4. Finally, let your tin dry! It’s that easy. Now that your candle tin is clean you can repurpose it however you like!
Alternatively, you can put the Traveller Tins in the freezer for 3-5 minutes and the wax should pop out easily.