Joni's mighty night time organic bamboo pads are extra thin, winged, and super flexible for ultra-comfortable, stay-put protection while you sleep. Best suited for those heavy flow days and nights. 29.5 CM length for maximum protection. These pads are 92% biodegradable.
- USDA Certified Organic bamboo
- Chlorine and Dioxin bleach free
- Individually wrapped in biodegradable wrapper
- 15 night time pads per box
- Heavy flow
- Pad length: 29.5 cm or 11.6 inches
Joni is a Canadian company that works with grassroots organizations across Canada, as well as NGO's like the United Way, to distribute donated period products to communities and people in need. Since their launch on March 12, 2020, Joni has donated 43,000 pads across Canada, that's equivalent to helping 5572 people living in period poverty.
- Organic Bamboo Fibres and Corn Starch: Joni uses bamboo from suppliers who maintain Eco-Cert Organic Certificate which ensures the authenticity of our organic raw materials. Our suppliers are also Eco-Cert Organic Operations by USDA Certified as this ensures the farming of our organic bamboo is done following strict organic operations guidelines.
- Biodegradable Paper & Plastic: All Joni pads are individually wrapped in BPI and ok-compost by TUV certified biodegradable 'plastic' and paper. TUV certification symbols represent the highest levels of scrutiny of material quality from the compound formulation stage to the final processed product.
- SAP: Super absorbent polymer is essentially concentrated absorbent material that can absorb fluid 1000 times its original weight. Joni's polymer is made with 70% biodegradable wood pulp, and 30% non-biodegradable materials. Joni is actively working on increasing their biodegradability from 92% to 100% through the use of an alternative SAP.
- FSC Certified Wood Pulp: made of wood pulp imported from the USA
- Complete Ingredient list: natural corn, organic bamboo, wood pulp, polymer, PLA & PBAT (bio-based, biodegradable plastics), food-grade adhesive.
Joni not only wants to ensure that their products are safe and sustainably produced, they also want to ensure that their partners have values that align with theirs. Their pads are manufactured in the People’s Republic of China. The factories are certified to ISO 9001, OEKO TEX, FSC, FDA, TUV, and SGS. Joni ensures their suppliers are compliant with modern standards of health and safety, equal opportunities, and diversity. They also ensure that their suppliers are aware of and comply with environmental standards. Joni's CEO visited the facility in 2019 to view conditions as they are working towards their BCorp Certification.