Handmade, small batch skincare!
Non-comedogenic facial oil formulated to balance the fatty acid composition of oily skin. This cold-pressed oil blend is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and uses natural plant-based ingredients with astringent properties, such as grapeseed oil and rose petals, to tighten and tone skin. Nutritious oils and botanical ingredients whose anti-inflammatory and soothing properties will aid in your acne-treating regimen.
Oily skin is caused by the overproduction of sebum, which is usually high in oleic acid, causing it to be too thick which clogs pores and can cause acne breakouts. Oily skin greatly benefits from topical linoleic acid, which is an essential fatty acid (it can't be synthesized by the body) to balance the fatty acid composition of sebum.
HOW TO USE
- To be used in the step after cleansing and toning, both in the AM & PM
- Apply a few drops to the palms and rub together to warm up the oil, as oils closer to the body's natural temperature are absorbed faster
- Press gently into the skin on the face and neck
- Avoid touching the dropper directly to your skin - we don't want to contaminate the dropper with the naturally occurring bacteria on the skin!
Please store this oil out of direct sunlight and in a cool, dark location as excessive heat and UV exposure will cause the nutrients in the oils and botanicals to degrade much faster.
Do a patch test of this product before using and avoid if you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed above. Discontinue use immediately if a reaction occurs.
NOT SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH NUT ALLERGIES
- Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil*, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil
- Infused with: Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Flowers*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Petals* *Certified Organic
- 2 oz (60 mL)
- Handmade in Ontario
- Use within 12 months of opening
- High in linoleic acid, which balances the sebum composition
- Has astringent properties that tone acne-prone skin
- Lightweight yet capable of strengthening the skin barrier
- Soothes inflamed and acne-prone skin
- Firms and tightens skin
- Has antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Decreases inflammation, reduces the look of fine lines and evens out skin tone over time
- A liquid wax ester that is readily absorbed as it closely resembles the composition of human sebum
- Reduces breakouts by treating excess oil production
- Soothes and soften skin
Black Cumin Seed
- Rich in thymoquinone, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound
- Contains Vitamin B3 which helps to treat acne, hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Neutralizes free-radicals to help strengthen the skin barrier
- Promotes skin clarity through its anti-septic, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties
- Plays a supportive role in treating hyperpigmentation
- Promotes the regeneration of skin cells
- Has astringent properties that tighten and tone acne-prone skin
- Accelerates the healing of scars and blemishes
- Anti-inflammatory properties treat excessive oil production and acne
- Contains natural and extremely mild Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Alpha Keto Acids (AKAs) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs) to gently exfoliate the skin, which brightens skin tone and reduces hyperpigmentation over time
- High phenylethanol content provides antiseptic and astringent properties; Vitamin C content aids in treating hyperpigmentation