Emergency Cooling Center Locations Across Canada
Compiled by Sam Smith
Temperatures have spiked across the globe. If you find you or someone you know needs help, please search through the following list for some resources across Canada.
- East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
- Metro Hall, 55 John St. - 24 HOURS
- North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
- Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- Domenico Di Luca Community Centre, 25 Stanley Rd.
- Don Montgomery Community Centre, 2467 Eglinton Ave.
- Masaryk-Cowan Community Recreation Centre, 220 Cowan Ave
- London Public Library Central Branch, 251 Dundas St 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- South London Community Centre, 1119 Jalna Boulevard will open as a cooling centre at times that the Central Branch is not open. Fridays and Saturdays between 4-7 p.m. Sundays 11-7, and Statutory Holidays, should a heat alert be issued
- City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West (Sports Hall of Fame – 1st Floor Heritage building)
- Plant Recreation Centre, 930 Somerset Street West
- Overbrook Community Centre, 33 Quill Street
- Parkinson Activity Centre, 1700 Parkinson Way, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Rutland Activity Centre, 765 Dodd Rd., 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Lakeview Heights Baptist Church, 2630 Alhambra Dr., 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Peachland Community Centre, 4450 6th Street, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Britannia Community Centre, 1661 Napier St
- Carnegie Community Centre,401 Main St
- Evelyne Saller Centre, 320 Alexander St
- Gathering Place, 609 Helmcken St
- Hillcrest Centre, 4575 Clancy Loranger Way
- Kerrisdale Community Centre, 5851 West Blvd
- Killarney Community Centre, 6260 Killarney St
- Marpole-Oakridge Community Centre, 990 W 59th Ave
- Mount Pleasant Community Centre, 1 Kingsway
- Ray-Cam Community Centre, 920 E Hastings St
- Roundhouse Community Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews
- Giovanni Caboto Park, 109 Avenue at 94 Street NW, east side
- Michael Phair Park, 104 Street, north of Jasper Avenue
- Parkdale Square Shopping Complex, 118 Avenue, east of 82 Street
- Butler Memorial Park, 100A Avenue, east of 158 Street
- Strathcona Farmers' Market, 83 Avenue, east of 104 Street
*Water bottle filling stations only
- 1JustCity West End Drop-in 365 McGee 12:30-3p M/Tu/Th/F/Sa/Su
- Freedom House 294 Ellen 7a-8p M-F
- Lighthouse Mission 669 Main 9a-3:30p M-Th; 1-7:30p F
- Mount Carmel Clinic Sage House 422 Dufferin 12-7p M-F
- North End Women’s Centre 394 Selkirk 8:30a-4p M-F
- Oak Table 109 Pulford 12:30-3p M-Th
- One88 188 Princess 10a-4p M-F
- Salvation Army Weetamah 324 Logan 9a-4p Sa-Su
- Siloam Mission 303 Stanley 10a-2p, 4-8p *10a-8p in extreme weather
- Sunshine House 646 Logan 1-4:30p, 6-9p M/W; 12-5p Tu/Sa; 11a-3p Su *6-9p M/W is 2SLGBTQ+ focused
- Union Gospel Mission 320 Princess 11:30a, 2-4p, 7p M-F; 2p Sa
- Velma’s House 154 Sherbrook 9a-6p M-F
- West Central Women’s Resource Centre 640 Ellice 9a-4:30p M/W/F; 12:30-6p T/Th; 9a-12p Sa
- All Nations Hope NetworkOpens in new window & Awasiw 2735 - 5th Ave
- Carmichael Outreach, 1510 - 12th Ave M-F: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2-4 p.m.
- Newo-Yotina Friendship Centre, 1635 – 11th Ave M-F: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Salvation Army Haven of Hope Ministries, 2240 – 13th Ave M-F: 1-3 p.m.
- Street Culture Project - Youth Emergency Shelter, 1314 – 11th Ave 24/7
- SWAP, 1355 Albert St M-F: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Regina Public Library *Multiple Locations
- Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre , 2420 Elphinstone St
***Centers are not currently available or publicly listed in the Maritimes, Quebec, Nunavut, Yukon or NWT